The British Are Coming… For Las Vegas Event Planners
Destinations Fabulous, Las Vegas’ preeminent DMC leader, recently concluded an eventful and successful IMEX tradeshow and convention here at the Venetian & Sands Expo along with our valued partner ImpactGPS . Our company hosted and staged events for both national and international clientele, receiving accolades along the way with enthusiastic responses from our friends from across the pond. We had a bloody good time with our new-found British friends as we were gobsmacked with one another and all things that are Vegas. It was “in-DOO-bit-a-blee” the dog’s bollocks (really fantastic)! As a follow up to our dialogue, I would like to share the written piece of correspondence below that was used as a touchpoint to reiterate the reasons why the Brits, and you, too, should do business in Vegas. Never mind the bollocks, here’s the scoop – read on and prepare to chuckle, giggle, snigger, cackle and crack up!
Spoiler alert: Prince Charles is not a Vegas kinda’ guy. But we’re “Just Wild About Harry” (and Harry’s wild about us)!
The British are coming, the British are coming, the British are coming! Las Vegas event planners Destination Fabulous are mounting our horses ’cause it’s time to tell the world!
It’s another wave of the British Invasion, and the Entertainment Capital of the World is ready to embrace our friends with arms (open ones at that), whether it’s one if by land, two if by sea, we’ll show you we’re the true leaders of hospitality! We love the British…crumpets and all.
LET’S HAVE A SPOT OF TEA
We say aluminum, you say al-loo-MIN-ee-um. We say vitamin, you say VIT-a-min. We say zebra, you say ZEB-ra. You like potato and I like potahto. You like tomato and I like tomahto. Potato, potahto, Tomato, tomahto. Let’s NOT call the whole thing off! Because no matter how it’s pronounced, it all means the same thing…bidness (that’s business).
When you think of Las Vegas, we want you to think of Destination Fabulous. We want to be your preferred Las Vegas DMC VEN-duh (vendor). After all, we gave you Meghan Markle who now has a bun in the oven, and speaking of “Sparkle”, here’s our top-ten list on why to do business in Las Vegas. Call it an advertisement or ad-VERT-iz-ment.
There are plenty of good reasons to do business Las Vegas, but we’ve limited them to these top 10:
1) Accommodations: With nearly 150,000 rooms, Las Vegas offers the best group value proposition in the world.
2) Convention Services: With more than 262,000 resort industry employees, Las Vegas will provide the best convention experience in the world. Our resorts host nearly 22,000 meetings, conventions and incentive programs annually, ranging in size from 10 to over 150,000 attendees.
3) Increased Attendance: The attractiveness of Las Vegas generates strong attendance for meetings. On average, attendance increases 9 percent when conventions rotate into Las Vegas. Research also shows that attendees spend more time in meetings and on the trade show floor when programs are held in Las Vegas.
4) Convention Centers: Space, space and more space. Las Vegas has more than 11 million sq. ft. of exhibit & meeting space and is home to three of the country’s 10 largest convention venues: the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, a 2.0 million-square-foot center on the south Strip; 1.7 million-square-foot Sands Expo and Convention Center (includes 500,000 sq. ft. of The Venetian/Palazzo meeting space); and the 2.2 million-square-foot Las Vegas Convention Center.
5) Air Service: With more than 950 inbound and outbound flights per day and nonstop service from more than 125 U.S. and international cities, Las Vegas eases time and budgets.
6) Location, Location, Location: McCarran International Airport is conveniently located just two miles from Las Vegas Boulevard and 3.5 miles from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Nearly 150,000 hotel rooms are in Las Vegas, most within a 15-minute drive from the airport.
7) Weather: Year-round appeal: Las Vegas averages 320 days of sunshine per year and averages less than five inches of precipitation annually. This warm, dry climate is attractive for meetings throughout the year.
8) Transportation: In many cases, the close proximity of Las Vegas hotels eliminates the need for transportation as business persons/tourists can walk to many destinations. When transportation is required, however, Las Vegas offers myriad options including bus, taxi, Uber/Lyft, shuttles and the country’s first automated monorail.
9) Dining: There are few other cities in the world that are able to boast about the wide array of dining options available, from all-you-can-eat buffets to some of the finest restaurants in the world. Many of the great chefs have set up shop in Las Vegas restaurants, where patrons are consistently rewarded with great food. As a result, Las Vegas has options for every culinary taste.
10) Destination Fabulous is the ultimate authority on Las Vegas.
We know that your shot of business will be heard around the world, and there’s one thing we want you to always remember; as a Las Vegas DMC, what truly sets us apart from our competition is injecting local experience and expertise into every event we operate. We’ll take your business seriously, redcoats and all.
p.s. We love you (yeah, yeah, yeah– you know the rest!)