Top 10 Reasons to Hold an Event in Vegas
Spoiler alert: Texas is pretty big. Las Vegas DMC, Destination Fabulous, is on a Texas tour de force this week with stops in Dallas, Austin, and Houston. Our road show is a whirlwind series of events spreading the news on all things Las Vegas, like the good Chamber of Commerce ambassadors that we are. These exclusive events connect us with qualified travel buyers in their home cities to engage in collaborative B2B networking to mutually benefit continued growth and success. We’re presentn’ and showcasin’ (Texas speak) Las Vegas as not only the Entertainment Capital of the World, but the “Convention Capital of the World”, and have a Top 10 List of reasons on why to hold an event in Vegas that we’re toutn’. In Texas, they call that just gettn’ started.
How big is Texas? You measure distance in hours. Texans like to talk all the time about how big Texas is, and how if you’re driving from the bottom of Texas to Canada, then you’re spending half of your time just getting through the state itself. Texas is gigantic! Everything really is bigger in Texas. I must say that, aside from Las Vegas, no one knows hospitality like a Texan (and they know the plural of “y’all” is “all y’all”)!
After our first stop in Dallas aka “The Big D”, I realized in short order that, like a Texan, we Nevadans have bragging rights (but not the belt buckles to match). Las Vegas is the equivalent to Texas for size and scope in regard to meetings, conventions, and incentive programs. We’re “HUUUUUUGE!” And as far as square footage is concerned, we’re…GINORMOUS! Size matters… just sayn’.
There are plenty of good reasons to hold an event in Las Vegas, but we’ve limited them to these top 10:
- Accommodations: With nearly 150,000 rooms, Las Vegas offers the best group value proposition in the world.
- Convention Services: With more than 262,000 resort industry employees, Las Vegas will provide the best convention experience in the world. Our resorts host nearly 22,000 meetings, conventions and incentive programs annually, ranging in size from 10 to over 150,000 attendees.
- Increased Attendance: The attractiveness of Las Vegas generates strong attendance for meetings. On average, attendance increases 9 percent when conventions rotate into Las Vegas. Research also shows that attendees spend more time in meetings and on the trade show floor when programs are held in Las Vegas.
- Convention Centers: Space, space and more space. Las Vegas has more than 11 million sq. ft. of exhibit & meeting space and is home to three of the country’s 10 largest convention venues: the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, a 2.0 million-square-foot center on the south Strip; 1.7 million-square-foot Sands Expo and Convention Center (includes 500,000 sq. ft. of The Venetian/Palazzo meeting space); and the 2.2 million-square-foot Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Air Service: With more than 950 inbound and outbound flights per day and nonstop service from more than 125 U.S. and international cities, Las Vegas eases time and budgets.
- Location, Location, Location: McCarran International Airport is conveniently located just two miles from Las Vegas Boulevard and 3.5 miles from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Nearly 150,000 hotel rooms are in Las Vegas, most within a 15-minute drive from the airport.
- Weather: Year-round appeal: Las Vegas averages 320 days of sunshine per year and averages less than five inches of precipitation annually. This warm, dry climate is attractive for meetings throughout the year.
- Transportation: In many cases, the close proximity of Las Vegas hotels eliminates the need for transportation as business persons/tourists can walk to many destinations. When transportation is required, however, Las Vegas offers myriad options including bus, taxi, Uber/Lyft, shuttles and the country’s first automated monorail.
- Dining: There are few other cities in the world that are able to boast about the wide array of dining options available, from all-you-can-eat buffets to some of the finest restaurants in the world. Many of the great chefs have set up shop in Las Vegas restaurants, where patrons are consistently rewarded with great food. As a result, Las Vegas has options for every culinary taste.
- Destination Fabulous is the ultimate authority on Las Vegas.
Lastly, as a Las Vegas DMC Event Ambassador, what truly sets us apart from our competition is injecting local experience and expertise into every event we operate. We know not to mess with Texas, but you’re welcome to mess around with us a little bit!
p.s. Do you know what we call an 84oz steak here in Vegas? An appetizer.
Comedic satire courtesy of: David J. Paster & Trent Allen Parks aka “TAP”