Why The Real Event Planners of Orange County Should Do Business in Vegas
Spoiler alert: There are a lot of people in California, but there’s only one Mouse. Last week, Destination Fabulous was in sunny Southern California with stops in Newport Beach and L.A., mixing and mingling with the beautiful people on a tour de force with our valued partner Impact GPS. There were no reality show drama moments while schmoozing with industry power players, just pulp non-fiction with The Real Event Planners of Orange County!
Anaheim may be home of Disneyland, but there’s nothing Mickey Mouse about the O.C. Orange County a unique way of blending business with pleasure. The area is home to a number of restaurant headquarters, clothing brands, pharmaceutical companies, and technology firms that are part of the so-called Tech Coast. Five Fortune 500 corporations are located in Orange County’s major cities. Like Las Vegas, local businesses and tourism power the economy. Each year, 43 million tourists travel to Orange County to soak in the sun and see the sights, which includes spending an estimated $7 billion at Disneyland and other local attractions. Speaking of rodents, they have the Mickey Mouse Club from Annette to Brittney, but we have the Rat Pack. Furthermore, Las Vegas is the adult equivalent of Disneyland. We’re in the backyard of Orange County and as a destination we also attract ~43 million visitors annually…Vegas means business. And Las Vegas DMC Destination Fabulous wants your business.
There are plenty of good reasons to do business Las Vegas, but we’ve limited them to these top 10:
- Accommodations: With nearly 150,000 rooms, Las Vegas offers the best group value proposition in the world.
- Convention Services: With more than 262,000 resort industry employees, Las Vegas will provide the best convention experience in the world. Our resorts host nearly 22,000 meetings, conventions and incentive programs annually, ranging in size from 10 to over 150,000 attendees.
- Increased Attendance: The attractiveness of Las Vegas generates strong attendance for meetings. On average, attendance increases 9 percent when conventions rotate into Las Vegas. Research also shows that attendees spend more time in meetings and on the trade show floor when programs are held in Las Vegas.
- Convention Centers: Space, space and more space. Las Vegas has more than 11 million sq. ft. of exhibit & meeting space and is home to three of the country’s 10 largest convention venues: the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, a 2.0 million-square-foot center on the south Strip; 1.7 million-square-foot Sands Expo and Convention Center (includes 500,000 sq. ft. of The Venetian/Palazzo meeting space); and the 2.2 million-square-foot Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Air Service: With more than 950 inbound and outbound flights per day and nonstop service from more than 125 U.S. and international cities, Las Vegas eases time and budgets.
- Location, Location, Location: McCarran International Airport is conveniently located just two miles from Las Vegas Boulevard and 3.5 miles from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Nearly 150,000 hotel rooms are in Las Vegas, most within a 15-minute drive from the airport.
- Weather: Year-round appeal: Las Vegas averages 320 days of sunshine per year and averages less than five inches of precipitation annually. This warm, dry climate is attractive for meetings throughout the year.
- Transportation: In many cases, the close proximity of Las Vegas hotels eliminates the need for transportation as business persons/tourists can walk to many destinations. When transportation is required, however, Las Vegas offers myriad options including bus, taxi, Uber/Lyft, shuttles and the country’s first automated monorail.
- Dining: There are few other cities in the world that are able to boast about the wide array of dining options available, from all-you-can-eat buffets to some of the finest restaurants in the world. Many of the great chefs have set up shop in Las Vegas restaurants, where patrons are consistently rewarded with great food. As a result, Las Vegas has options for every culinary taste.
- Destination Fabulous is the ultimate authority on Las Vegas.
Now Mouseketeers, there’s one thing we want you to always remember; as a Las Vegas DMC, what truly sets us apart from our competition is injecting local experience and expertise into every event we operate. We’ll take your business seriously, and there’s nothing “Goofy” about that.
See you real soon. Why? Because we like you!
Come join our family,